- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (where to buy)
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar* (where to buy)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (where to buy)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (where to buy)
- 1/8 tsp salt (where to buy)
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until velvety smooth (I used my Vitamix!). Pour into a parchment paper lined 8 x 4 loaf pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will be soft in the middle at 30 minutes and have a slight jiggle. Leave the brownies for at least 5 hours before cutting and eating (I personally couldn’t wait that long and I put them in the fridge after about 15 min of cooling down time and then ate them about an hour later!).
This recipe makes 8 brownies.
*I now use 3/4 cups maple syrup (Grade B) in place of the palm sugar for a moist and gooey texture. Cooked for 30-35 minutes the center will appear to be uncooked but after cooling for a few hours (or in the fridge) it will settle and be more firm. The texture will be more like a molten chocolate cake.