Frozen lemons and raspberries are a staple in my freezer. They come in so handy, just like in this simple recipe!
2-3 tb lemon juice (from about 1 small lemon, I used a frozen lemon)
3/4 cup +2 tb strained raspberry puree (from about 20 ounces frozen organic raspberries)
5 tbs organic sugar (like this)
2 tb gelatin (like this)
1 tb collagen hydrolysate (like this)
pinch salt (optional)
1) Thaw frozen lemon & frozen raspberries.
2) Blend frozen raspberries and put puree through a strainer (I use this nut milk bag).
3) In saucepan over medium-low heat combine raspberry puree, lemon juice, sugar & salt.
4) Slowly add all 3 tb of great lakes gelatin (stirring constantly) so that no clumping occurs. I recommend adding 1/2 tb at a time while stirring constantly.
5) Bring to a boil, remove from heat.
6) Grease a small pan with coconut oil. Pour gelatin mixture and let cool about 1-2 hours in the fridge until firmly set.
I use two different kinds of gelatin in this recipe. One makes the mixture gel (plain gelatin), and the collagen hydrolysate is used as added protein (because it is more processed and easier to digest). I prefer to use a combination of both in this recipe to increase the protein content. Please note- if you have very poor digestion, you may have a hard time digesting gelatin, especially the kind that makes a mixture gel. Also, slowly increase the intake of gelatin in your diet over many weeks or months. Adding too much too quickly can cause digestive upset, as gelatin is rich in glycine and fuels the detoxification process