This is a supper dish for children, but getting your child to help you make it and serve mom or dad the dish for lunch is great.
Set sail m’hearties to this edible island.
4 medium baking potatoes
425g (14oz) minced beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
75g (3oz) sweetcorn
4 sticks celery with leafy top
How do I make a Treasure island?
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Prick the baking potatoes all over with a fork and cook in the oven for approximately 1 hour or until soft.
2. Take 25g of butter in a saucepan add the onions, brown the onions then add the mince beef. Cook until done. In a separate saucepan warm the sweetcorn.
3. When potatoes are ready, slice the top of the potato lenghtways until it opens like a book. Take care, as it is very hot.
4. Scoop out the potato, mash it in the bowl with the remainder of the butter, then put to one side.
5. Fill the potato shell with the mince. Pile up the potatp on a plate and plant the celery to resemble a palm tree.
6. Place the potato on the mash an fill to overflowing with sweetcorn.
7. Make gravy and pour around the base of the ‘island’
Mince beef can be replaced with soya or veggies for non meat eaters