While my All Fruit Gummy Bears may not be exactly like the real thing, more a cross between Jello Jigglers and Gummy Bears, they were a big hit with the kids and that’s good enough for me.
- 1 can (12 ounces) unsweetened frozen fruit juice of your choice (Cascadian Farm has several unsweetened organic juices – our favorite is grape)
- 4 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- Place the juice in a small sauce pan and thaw.
- Once thawed dissolve the agar agar into the juice.
- Place over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat to keep at a simmer and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Pour into candy molds or into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Cool for 2 hours or until firm.
- Pop the gummy bears out of the mold or cut with cookie cutters.
- Do a little dance while singing the gummy bear song and enjoy eating your own gummy bears!