Real Food Chocolate Coconut Protein Bar
Rich with coconut and just a hint of sweet chocolate, this bar was inspired by MOUNDS®. It will satisfy any candy bar craving that comes your way and give you more than fuel to keep pushing through the day.
Makes two bars approximately 350 calories & 10g protein each
¼ cup fresh dates, room temperature & roughly chopped
¼ cup cashews (buy here)
4 Tbsp hemp hearts (buy here) (or chia seeds)
2 Tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened (buy here)
1 tsp vanilla extract (buy here)
1 Tbsp chocolate pieces, finely chopped (buy here)
1 Tbsp coconut chips (buy here)
1 tsp coconut oil (buy here)
1. Place dates in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine nuts, hemp and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds to 1 minute – until nuts have released their oils and large chunks become very small. Add extract and pulse again for 10 seconds.
2. Add nut mixture to the dates and knead together with your hands, breaking up larger chunks of dates while massaging the mixture together. Knead until everything is thoroughly combined and sticky, approximately 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and continue to knead until everything is evenly distributed, especially the coconut oil. The mixture is done when it retains its shape when squeezed into a small ball.
4. Eat immediately or pour the mixture into a mold, packing down firmly. The tighter it’s packed, the better the bar will turn out.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Slide a knife gently around the edges to loosen the bar and turn the mold over to remove. Wrap individually and store bars in the refrigerator or freezer.