- 1 cup black beans
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Process beans in food processor until creamy. Add cocoa powder, egg, oil, vanilla, honey and salt and process until blended. Mix in chocolate chips if using. You will need 6 ramekin cups. If you don’t have ramekins you can make mini cookies instead. Grease ramekins or cookie sheet. Fill ramekins with 2-3 tablespoons of batter. If your making cookies, scoop 1-2 tablespoons of batter per cookie. This will make 12 cookies.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool for 30 minutes.
Remove cakes from ramekins. Slice in half and fill with cream filling (below). You may wait to fill these before serving.
Creamy Filling –
- 2 cups fresh mascarpon, whipped cream, or coconut cream (coconut butter)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix ingredients until combined.
You may also use your favorite ice cream in place of cream filling!
Fill each cake with 2-3 tablespoons of filling. Serve or freeze for an hour for a yummy ice cream sandwich!