Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, sour cream, salt and baking soda and continue mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough out using a 2 tablespoon sixed cookie scoop or spoon and drop onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days