- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.