Light, creamy and oh-so delicious, this buttery smooth cheesecake won’t last long in your house. (Serves 6–8)
For the base you’ll need:
125 g butter
150 g dark chocolate
200 g castor sugar
200 g cake flour
100 g self-raising flour
For the topping you’ll need:
350 g cream cheese
1 vanilla pod
100 g castor sugar
200 ml single cream
For the garnish you’ll need:
300 g fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 160 °C–180 °C.
2. Grease a deep 22 cm round cake pan.
3. Mix butter and chocolate in small saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth and cool.
4. Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy.
5. Stir in chocolate mixture and sifted flours.
6. Spread mixture into pan and bake for 10 min.
7. Combine all topping ingredients and mix well.
8. Pour topping over brownie base and bake for about 15 min.
9. Cool in oven with door ajar.
10. Refrigerate for 3 hrs.
11. Remove from tin and place onto a plate, top with fresh berries and dust with icing sugar