- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat poppy seed salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss squash and onion with honey, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- In another bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, cheese and squash mixture. Just before serving, drizzle with 4 tablespoons dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad among eight plates; top with stuffing cubes, cranberries, almonds and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.