- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled,divided
- 2 green onions, sliced, divided
- Additional sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Brush with oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in whipping cream and 1/4 cup sour cream. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Cut two potato skin shells into 1-in. pieces; save remaining skins for another use.
- Mash pulp with the remaining salt and pepper. Stir in cheese mixture, half of the bacon and 2 tablespoons green onion. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with the cut-up potato skins. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining green onion. If desired, serve with additional sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.