- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- 2/3 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot or1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 18 small whole onions
- 3 to 4 small zucchini, cut in 1-inch slices
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Cut beef in 1-1/4-in. cubes; place in large resealable plastic bag. In a bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic and tarragon; pour 2/3 cup marinade over beef. Seal bag; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread the meat, onions, zucchini and peppers alternately on six metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.