- 1 box Betty Cooker™ devil’s food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 4 boxes (3 to 4 oz each) instant chocolate mousse mix
- Milk called for on chocolate mousse mix boxes
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 6 full-size Snickers™ candy bars, crushed
1 _ Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan. Cool 5 minutes. Use fork to poke cake all over.
2 _ Drizzle liqueur over cake. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
3 _ Meanwhile, make chocolate mousse as directed on box. Cover and refrigerate until cake is ready.
4 _ To assemble, crumble one-fourth to one-third of cake into bottom of very large trifle or punch bowl. I like to use a punch bowl, which is typically much bigger than your typical trifle bowl.
5 _ Add a layer each of chocolate mousse, whipped cream and crushed candy. Repeat until you have 3 to 4 layers. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.